Update: Just a few hours left! Be sure to get in on this exciting challenge while you can!
This is just a simple private request from me only not really a rule, but please no one draw Zero Suit Samus. I'm already doing a Samus related one that's taking up a lot of hard work and time, and I'd love more than anything for it to be unique. But this is a request only not a rule so please feel free to do any character you wish, even if it's already "taken" so to speak.
Update: Please remember if you're doing cosplay that the cosplay one asks you to try to do the amiibo's pose from the real one. I suppose it's not 100% "required" but it is a part of the C one so please do keep it in mind. It's not just a bonus. Also I'd like to give a notice that in art challenges we do have to be able to verify the time stamp for legitimacy reasons to actually give it the rewards of the journal features and such. After all I have seen things before where people take something old, slap something new on it, and update the old image to say it's a new thing. The point of art challenges is to challenge people to make new artwork, and to update an old piece to fit new theme would be a little like cheating. But if you should get a message like this and you know it's legit simply show us something to prove it's new such as a screenshot of the file creation date and you're golden. (But please do use sta.sh for this as it'd be odd to see that in people's galleries)
Update: This challenge has been extended to January 25th due to popular demand. Should another large group appear by then, we may give one last extension to the 31st.
Update: Good news! This challenge is becoming vastly popular! If it keeps up it shall be extended!
Art Challenges have definitely become a major part of the group's smaller events, so as usual it's now time to start the new year with a new art challenge! This time we got a real fun one, especially if you like toys and or smash brothers for Wii U. This is, da da ta daaaaa, the Amiibo Art Challenge!
Challenge: Do one of the following, while demonstrating a proper amiibo style pose, either kinetic oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/a…
or at rest content.ebgames.co.nz/website/…
A) Draw your OC as an amiibo, in a pose like that of the actual amiibo (But not one of the exact poses)
B) Draw one of the amiibo in their usual pose, either padded or age regressing
C) Draw your OC as an amiibo, cosplaying one of the characters and doing that characters amiibo pose
* Draw something in the image to help show it's an amiibo, such as sitting on a Wii U gamepad, or being held in someone's hand.
* Create a moveset, and final smash for the character in the image description, expecially if you're also willing to make alternate moves as well.
* Use a kinetic pose for your amiibo, don't have them just sitting or standing.
Things to remember:
All amiibo have either a serious expression or a smiling expression. Try to avoid using other types of expressions cause it won't be as realistic in terms of how these are designed.
All amiibo fit into the archtype of "Brawler" "Gunner" or "Swordfighter". Try to encorperate which archtype your character as an amiibo would be, such as if your amiibo self has a sword or gun
Amiibo are not all one solid piece. Feel free to show something to make it look more "toyish" such as a somewhat noticable seem where the pieces were joined.
Some amiibo need plastic support beams to support their shape and make them look as if they're in the air or in motion. Try to use these if you draw your amiibo in motion.
Amiibo are made to be toys you can have fun with, so have fun with this project! After all it's not a contest!
Our deadline is our usual, two weeks making this art challenges deadline Sunday January 18, unless this becomes incredibly popular. Should the event take place I might extend it an extra week. I wish everyone luck and I look forward to seeing how you do!
List of Participants:
- Up first we have a Super Rare Variant of Charizard! Complete with the ferociousness that is Petunia! Fear this dragon's mighty strength! Also I didn't mention it before, but great job with pose prediction. Charizard doesn't have an official released amiibo yet, but when it is I'm pretty sure the pose is gonna be very similar to this.
- Here we have a cute fox being checked by Master Hand.
- This impressive piece shows off Marilyn and her moves! She's got a pretty good moveset too with moves for protection and recover, while being able to dish out some good damage as well. She seems like she's got a more "Play it safe" kind of moveset that gives up power for durability. Likely she'd be well able to last into the upper hundred to possibly 200% damage range before being knocked out with this moveset, which is good cause she's gonna need it to outlast the opponents. She also looks quite ready to go in this action packed pose! Very well done! (Claps)
- Here we have Arrow cosplaying as Luigi, making the famous planking pose. Luigi I gotta admit is kinda the oddball of the group lately, seeming to act weirder more and more to get attention or something. XD But he's got some great attacks despite his odd behavior, and overall is a great fighter. Luigi is a great choice to have made thus, and the pose is kinetic and spot on!
- An imaginary Wii U, sounds like a great use of imagination. Here we have a cute little guardian angel, as the sword swinging hero of Hyrule! Link's always been fun to smash with a sword, and now with the added fire it's gonna be even more fun! Lets just hope that diaper bag she's carrying has extra diapers.
- Ah this has got to be my favorite so far, because of how sheerly accurate it is to the Amiibo style. It's got everything from proper support, to the right kind of pose emotion and action. It's even got an amazingly detailed base! You really get a feel that she's in the middle of heated combat, and is ready and willing to go into the game and smash everyone's face in! Just be careful that she doesn't smash in your own. XD
- Here we Nino as Samus, ready to blast the competition sky high! She'll be quite a tough opponent too, specially if she uses those custom moves!
- Shaney is ready to battle in this new Amiibo fighter form! Packing a large sword, he's got quite a few skills to use in combat such as fast paced slashes, blazing cuts, and some dance moves to go along with it! I'm sure Shaney will be quite the opponent for anyone who should challenge him, and a great ally to those who should use his amiibo in battle!
- Here we have Tamae as a Yoshi amiibo! Better watch out for those eggs, or you'll end up scrambled!
- Pikachu has always been one of the strongest characters in the Smash Bros world, and here is no exception. But with this Pikachu as an opponent, you're sure for quite a shocking battle! BTW nice touch with the tail! Gives it some great personality!
- Mya here makes a good Shulk, she's really feeling it! With skill and blade ready, this Smasher seems well ready to jump into battle and conquer!
- Remember the Ice Climber duo? They were quite the team in Brawl weren't they? Well now they're back in amiibo form, thanks to Harley and Tex! This team is sure to leave you cold should you have to face them in battle! Freakin adorable too.
- Looks like guys can make heels look good too. : P Here is my own entry into the challenge, and a first at that. (My first art challenge) I feel like I really captured Zero Suit Samus's pose very well here, and I think the diaper really helps show the scale these amiibo are. After all they're only around half the size of a diaper on average. You'll be slammed and smashed if you have to face this amiibo!
- The regressionist Hyu joins Smash as the rarest and most expensive amiibo there is! If you're lucky enough to get this amiibo, you'll be the biggest player around. (By biggest we also mean oldest of course)
- Rosalina gears up for battle with her diaper ready incase of mid battle needs. It may not be in color yet, but this drawing shows promise and future growth!